Friday, October 24, 2008

My Take on Dalight Savings....


Next weekend Daylight Savings ends!!!! I can't tell you how giddy I get every fall when we get back that hour that was ruthlessly robbed from us back in the spring. That sweet hour added to my slumber is like a spa treatment to be savored or a decadent chocolate cake from the finest bakery or my cold hands wrapped around a Venti Latte' on a snowy winter day. Yes, it's that important to me. So you can understand why I all but throw a party over the whole ordeal every autumn....which leads me to my idea. Since we all enjoy the weekends so much, why not add an extra hour every weekend? Ok, ok...I know what you're thinking...that could never ever work, Lori...how in the world do you think it could? Listen people, we can make it work. Better yet, wait until every Monday morning to roll the clock back. Go with me here...it's 6:00 AM, the innocently evil alarm goes off, you use every ounce of energy to reach for snooze, but wait! At that very moment you get a present just like it was your birthday; you get to sleep a whole extra hour. Now doesn't' that sound just grand??

Ok all you intellectual thinkers...I do know that there are some kinks in my plan. I realize that eventually we would be eating our toast and eggs at 7:00 AM, just in time to see the sunset. Your turkey sandwich for lunch might coincide with a full moon.....afternoon tea and star gazing will, at some point, co-exist. But what's so wrong with that? Why are we so stuck on the tradition of stereo-typical times of day?? I say let's shake things up a bit. And remember, you would get an extra hour EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!! Or should we make it every day!! Hmm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...