Wednesday, November 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO.....ME!!!!

Is it really sad & pitiful that I'm posting a tribute to myself on this wonderful day which just happens to be my 40th birthday?? Sad or not...here I am saying Happy Birthday to ME!! I can't believe I'm 40. 40. 40. 40. That just sounds weird. 40. How can I be 40 when I just graduated from High School...didn't I? Lori Anne...didn't we just graduate? Wasn't it just last winter that we were stunningly beautiful homecoming queen candidates? (And for the record, Lori Anne won. Whatever.)

So, isn't 40 the new 30?...or so I've heard. It must be because I certainly don't feel 40, which I once considered to be way over-the-hill...I actually feel great...when I'm not totally exhausted (by 3 PM) . I think I look young....when the lights are very, very dim. And I definitely I act young...when I'm not cranky from the pre-menopause mood-swings. So, there must be a mistake. I simply can't be 40.

So now I'm off to Bible study...but before I can leave the house I need to wax this old lady mustache off, put a little brown eye-shadow on my roots to cover up the blue-haired broad trying to get out until I can chemically surpress her, and then stuff my fabulously-forty rear-end into a tight pair of Levi's in hopes of fooling people into thinking that the law of gravity doesn't apply to me. Righto. It's all smoke and mirrors people.

Stop back by here later in case I add some birthday pics...which I may have to take of myself. (I think my sweet husband really believed me when I said I wanted absolutely, positively NO party or hoopla...which I really did mean, but still.)

And for now I will leave you with this verse I am clinging to...

"Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Cor. 4:16

7 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

How the body feeling after the fall?

Lynsay said...

Oh my goodness, Happy Birthday!! I don't think I have ever laughed at a verse before, but wowee, there are tears coming out my eyes!! Happy birthday! If you want to come over and celebrate we are going to the "diaper" required kids play area for Mercedes birthday tomorrow ('member split britches, well none here!) Have a wonderful day!

jan said...

nope, you are NOT 40 -- you are definitely 18 with 22 years experience..... definitely not 40.

hope it is the best yet. another year older, another year better.

xoxoxo, jan (who turns 18 with 32 years experience on the next bday)

Anonymous said...

I think Jan has it right! I LIKE it! I'll take 18 candles on my next cake please.
And Lori dear, you are QUEEN of a beautiful castle that beats that dollar-store crown anyday! :)
Much love,
~Lori Anne
p.s. I looked it up, Who's Who does NoT recognize FHA or Kayettes as offical school clubs anymore. There are a few things our age will not allow us to deny. Hee, hee!

Mom Of Many said...

Happy Birthday Chica!! And for the record, 50 is the new 30 so I'm guessing 40 is the new 20...go for it!! And I sure hope the K-man treats you real well cuz you deserve it! Love you!

Brittne said...

Happy birthday Lori! I still think your fooling everyone with how old you really are because you still look like your in your 20's!

Chad and Kristy said...

Happy Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...