Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sparce on Chocolate Chips

Adoption Update: TODAY our I800A application & homestudy are being sent to USCIS!!! We have requested that they expedite getting us our case number. Once we have the number, our state Senator has promised to help us get through quickly (that word is relative of course!). But my friend Patty said she just heard of two families that got through in about 6 weeks without any help. Six weeks would be awesome!! In the meantime, I'm working hard on our dossier. Thankfully, it's not near as much work as the homestudy. Please pray that everything goes smoothly!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Lucy LOVES to help in the kitchen....I have to sneak to unload the dishwasher if I don't want here right there with me! Any task I'm doing she'll say, "I help you Mama!" Sweet little pumpkin!! But, we all know that she will outgrow it.


The minute she got word that I was going to make cookies, there she was, all ready to go. How could I turn down such an adorable helper??






It would appear here that I have just planted my elbow in Lucy's sweet little face, but I assure you that I did not! Here we see Lucy sneaking a cookie...she had no idea I was watching her until she saw the flash from my camera!

Everytime I make cookies I always make a double batch. I bake about a dozen or so then roll the remaining dough in balls & put it in the freezer. That way, we can pull out however many cookies we want at any time and plop them on a cookie sheet & have hot, fresh baked cookies at any time.

Well, this time when I added the chocolate chips I apparently didn't get them stirred through the dough well enough & my first batch was a little sparce on chips. :( As Brenden sat down to eat one last night he started to bite it then examined it...."Mom, I only see one chip in this cookie...*sigh*" Then with his charming sarcasm he says..."wow, I'm sure excited to finally get to the chocolate chip...(bite, chew, bite, chew)...I'm getting closer...(bite, chew)...look Mom, I'm about to get the chip!...yumm, that was great!" Smartie pants.

3 comments:

Jaime G. said...

super cute! (and look at your sporting the curls!!!!)

Debby said...

Lol! Sarcasm drenched with love.......

Looks like afun time.

Debby

Jaime G. said...

okay, i'm sorry, but i tagged you for thingy. you hav eto click over to my blog to find out about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...