Tuesday, February 16, 2010

guarding the good deposit

Gracious be.
Lucy had a rough night last night and I'm paying the price
this morning.

But,
it's nothing that my giant mug of coffee won't fix.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There was a rare moment yesterday
when all my kids were home and looked decent enough for
a picture.
And they all cooperated.
Amazing.

Look at these lovely children.
Blessed, is what I am.

I just wanted to take the time to thank you all for
your prayers for Macy.
NO DOUBT, they make a difference.

I am blown away by how much the Lord is speaking to me
through all of this.

The Word is coming alive to me like never before
and I'm learning the unconditional love and patience of Jesus
in a whole different way.

And even though I'd really love to skip the next six+
months and get to the day when Macy
is not so lonely and can let her guard down a bit,
it would be a shame to miss out on
all these lessons.

Here is one of MANY verses I have been meditating on:

"Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you-- guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us." 2 Timothy 1:14

I simply have no idea how anyone could do
this (or life in general) without the Lord.
I just don't.

Lastly, I'll leave you with a picture of Macy's
very first Valentine's day flowers
that she received from her dad.

9 comments:

Karin said...

That is so cool how God is speaking to you through your current situation. It's always amazing to me how much He teaches me through parenting.

Those flowers from Macy's daddy...ohhhhh....tears. :) That is unbelievably precious.

Adeye said...

I LOVE that God is speaking to your heart so many lessons and truths, my dear friend. I know you long for all this to pass...and it will. I just know that through it all, you and Macy are going to draw so close to each other. I know that even now, the Father is softening her sweet heart. I know that the walls WILL come tumbling down!

LOVE the flowers she got from Daddy. Just precious.

Debby said...

Nice, re-affirming post Lori.....I know what you mean by wanting to be 6 months down the road & at the same time, not wanting to miss what you'll undoubtably be experiencing & learning between now & then.

I LOVE that K Man got Macy flowers...I really do think that an important role for Dads' is to teach their daughter's how they should expect to be treated & cherished by their future mates. I miss that for my girls, but I'm glad K Man isn't letting Lucy & Macy down....=)

Karen said...

So glad Lucy is making strides. Love the flowers from her Dad. I agree with Debby that it is wonderful for a Dad to model for their daughters what to expect from their future husbands.

The picture is great! All of your kids are beautiful (handsome too:-)

JR said...

Lori, you have such beautiful children - you are indeed a blessed woman!

♥ you!

Jo said...

I've decided since becoming a mom (only 9 years ago, mind you) that we learn a tremendous number of spiritual lessons by being a parent (i.e., this would get done a lot faster if you'd stop trying to help!).
I, too, love Macy's flowers from Dad. Although we don't make much of a fuss over Valentine's Day here (I'm not the romantic one in our house), it was an important message for her. (I got a card and marshmallow peeps--I know, love 'em or hate 'em, but I still love 'em--from the kids, and I was happy with that! (Oh, and a new garbage disposal installed Saturday evening so I could use my kitchen sink again--told you I'm not the romantic one!)

Chris said...

I would like if time moved along too, I am looking forward to this year, yet dreading it. I can feel the growing pains already!

So neat that Macy got flowers from the man in her life.

I get my flowers on groundhog's day...don't ask it's a long story

Connie J said...

Lori, I love that verse! And I'm with you on skipping the next six months...but not wanting to miss the lessons they hold! Thank you for sharing.
Flowers from Daddy ~ beautiful!

Jean said...

You have a beautiful family- each one a blessing!

Love the flowers- what a great Dad!

It is so amazing how the Lord speaks to our heart and calms us. It is such a good feeling knowing he is there!

Bless you all~
Jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...