Wednesday, February 3, 2010

patrol dog and whimsical brenden

Oh, you guys are SO good with name ideas for
our new little (soon-to-be-big) one!

I LOVE your suggestions.
I'll let you know what we decide.

And I'm impressed at how closely you all pay attention
to my blog and actually remember the
whole dog request fiasco while we were in China!

Here's the thing....
Brenden wanted a German Shepherd...completely on a whim.
If there's anything we've learned about Brenden,
it's that you don't let him
act on his every whim.

Trust me.

Which is why I'm a wee bit worried about his sudden interest in piano lessons.

Plus,
we had a horrible experience with a German Shepherd
we had when the boys were little.
The crazy dog
got a hold of Nick's teeny tiny new kitten
and shook it violently til it was limp....
right in front of sweet, then about 4-year old, Nick.

It was AWFUL!!

Don't get me wrong...I know they are great dogs
but they MUST be trained.

And I couldn't see Brenden following through with that.

Ok,
so that brings us to now.

We have an AMAZING outside dog, Domino, who is an
Australian Shepherd.


He is as close to a human as I've ever seen a dog be.
But he is SO OLD, completely deaf, and really wobbly.
Sadly, we know his time with us
won't be too much longer.

We live on ten acres and we really need
a big dog to take over patrolling.
That way, Domino can retire and relax
on the front porch.

*****************
And now,
I gotta get whimsical Brenden ready to go skiing for the day.
If you know where we live,
you will appreciate oddity of that.

7 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

Skiing- that should be interesting there?
The puppy is so cute, our dog is 1/2 Great Pyrenees and we adore her.This "little guy" is going to fit in great on your place and will love the area to roam, our poor girl hates that she has to stay in a small yard in town now!
I hope piano lessons go well, what a new adventure for Macy:)
Blessings,
Gayly

AfterGirl said...

I always let my daughter try anything she wanted (and I could afford) but she had some rules. Like when she wanted to try soccer, she had to stick with it for at least one season, with gymnastics she had to stick with it for at least one year, etc. So make a contract with your son that you will get him piano lessons but he has to stick with it for a certain period of time.

I love your blog. I started reading it when I found out my niece wants to adopt a child (she and I are very close) and I decided I needed to find out about it. She wants to adopt a baby and then later an older child.

God bless you and your family.

Karin said...

Downhill skiing or cross-country skiing? Either way...FUN!!!! Can't wait to hear what you name your new doggie. :) Glad you held firm on the German Shepherd. :)

Can I come and hang out with you on your 10 acres? That sounds like a little piece of heaven to me.

Madeleine said...

10 acres?? My dream.

Alas, 10 acres in Jersey is for the very well off only.

One more reason to move!! :)

By the way, I meant to ask, what is a can cozie?

And your older dog looks like a sweetie.

RamblingMother said...

I have a 10 year old Aussie named Clementine. They are really great dogs. Sweetest nature but a bit high strung or rather mine is. Maybe she just takes after her mom, heh.

Holly said...

I somehow missed yesterday--Your puppy is adorable! And piano lessons are a terrific idea. I am supposed to be giving my boys lessons. Uh huh.. Since I can play piano I'm not allowed to hire a teacher. But since I'm waaay busy, I never get around to teaching piano. Thus, my boys have been deprived so far. Now I am motivated again!

Jean said...

I have to assume this is cross country skiing NOT downhill??? Thank you for making me LOL!!!!

Seriously Lucky is going to make Domino younger (I hope) at least that is what happened with our dog, when we brought home a puppy! She perked right up!

I have a few that you have to be careful of letting them follow their whim- he wants to spent a semester scuba diving off some island in the Caribbean... he's never scuba dived in his life and may tend to have a little anxiety... hmmmm. If ya ask me doesn't sound like a good combo... just sayin!
;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...