Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sesame-less Sesame Chicken

Okay, okay.

Here is my recipe.


Now listen, you gotta realize that I'm not huge on
measuring things.

I'm edgy that way.

So take all these suggested measurements with a grain of salt.

Oh, and you will need to swing by the Asian market for some
of this stuff.



Sauce

* 1 tsp. sesame oil (preferably hot)
* 2 tsp. grated ginger
1/2 tsp. garlic chili paste
*1 1/2 - 2 Tbl. minced garlic
*3 Tbl. honey or agave nectar
1/2 cup Chinese vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. corn starch



Now.
Let me stop here and make a few comments.

Yes, that's kind of a lot of garlic.
And no, please don't use powder instead.
Just have your toothbrush handy afterwards.
It will be fine, I promise.

There is a hint (I use that word very loosely here) of heat involved.
Heat, meaning spicy.
Look, if you can't handle spicy.
Sigh.
I guess just try it without the spicy stuff.
If you must.
But please, by all means, don't tell me about it.
I have a hard time understanding people like you.
But I love you anyway.

Moving on.

Throw all that stuff together, put it in a sauce pan
and bring it to a slight boil then remove from heat.

Then pour it over chicken prepared however you want.
We prefer homemade fried chicken nuggets/strips.

But sometimes when I'm feeling healthy (which is seldom),
I just saute some chicken breast in a little oil.
*Boring*

And don't forget to make some steamed rice to go with it.

Delicious, I tell you.


And the sauce is great as a dipping sauce for egg rolls.
Or whatever else your creative minds
can think of.


And if you're feeling completely wild and crazy,
throw some sesame seeds on top of it all.

Nothing can stop you now.





You're welcome.




3 comments:

Tracey and Chuck said...

Sounds yummy....can't wait to try it!

Jennifer O'Cain said...

Thanks Lori! We'll be making it soon and as for spicy, we love it. I am amazed at how spicy our little girl can eat.

Marie-Claude said...

It's 5h00, my girls are doing their homework and I was thinking of doing leftovers...until I read your receipe. Chicken tonight it is! Thanks, my girls will love it I am sure, specially the one from Yangjiang! We are eating in less than 30 minutes :)

Marie-Claude

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...