Sunday, September 4, 2011

church notes...


What Do I Pursue?

"Our lives are defined by what we flee,
by what we follow after, and by what we fight for."

We are defined...by what we pursue.

1 Timothy 6:11
"But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness,
faith, love, endurance, and gentleness."


*Pride and Faith Cannot Coexist*

Habakkuk 2:4
"Behold the proud,
his soul is not upright in him;
but the just shall live by his faith."



*Spiritual pride is deadly*

James 4:6
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

*Faith is: Total dependence on God*


Agape love is the only non-emotionally based love.


Agape is based on Truth.

Agape is predictable, since it's not based on emotions.


*Love seeks the highest good for others*









"Go after a life of love as if your life depended on it-- because it does..."
1 Cor. 14:1 (Msg)

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Lori, thanks for sharing! Great message!

Jennifer said...

LOVE!!!

Janet said...

I'm getting into your spiritually deep post, and scroll down, and then see the crack up pictures. When are you adding those guys to your header pics????

Holly said...

Awesome. : )

Annie said...

Oh Dear Lori! How I have missed you! We are back from China and now I can visit and catch up with you and your family. How are you all coming along. I know that was quite an adjustment bringing home two. I have been reading back through some posts on your blog and laughing a lot! Thank you for always making me laugh!!! Here are some of my favorite subjects tonight:

Stealing from your chicken money to pay the babysitter!

Hoping to crawl under the car with the chicken to get away from it all!

"Serena Williams"!

Photography trick that gets rid of all your unflattering features!

quilt'n-mama said...

awesome post... what I needed to hear in the craziness of life right now!
Hope to see you soon friend!

Sam Oracle said...

Inspiring

LouAnneL said...

What a wonderful message. It goes along with what the kids and I have been studying in our Bible study this week. If it's OK, I'm going to borrow it to go over with them. Enjoy your week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...