Monday, September 12, 2011

the joys of homeschool

Here's a glimpse into a typical morning at our house...



Isaiah watching TV while wearing a Santa's hat.



Me disturbing the perfect balance of peace and quiet
by taking a picture of him.



And really stirring the peace-pot by letting
him put the hat on me.
Then letting Lucy take a pic.

All peace ended after this.



Here is Lucy enjoying (and I really do mean, enjoying) her school work.
And a cup of coffee.
Because Mommy's habits have a way of rubbing off on the children.






Ta-da!!


Now, on this fall-ish Monday morning,
I genuinely look forward to another week of
being Lucy's teacher.
As of this moment in time, it is a joy.
Check back with me in a few months and we'll see
what my attitude is.
And her's.


Have a great week, everyone!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's start our own co-op...Quinn & Lucy would learn so much from the two of us put together - Coffee all around! Isaiah and Gracie could watch tv (educational, of course) to their heart's content. You don't mind driving a few states over twice a week, do you?!

LouAnneL said...

*LOVE* this post! What a happy way to start your school day. :)

Janet said...

I recognize those books=)
Tell me, oh homeschool great one, how is it my kids aced the spelling test week 1, and failed weeks 2 and 3????

Jean said...

Oh- that looks so cozy and comfy and fun!!
Love the coffee!!

Glad it is going well ;-)

Hope it continues!

Cari said...

i feel better knowing that i'm not the only mom who let's her little ones drink coffee! i guess we really need to get together for a cup of coffee now {for adults & kids}. :)

megadog said...

I think I want to come and do homeschool at your house. Looks fun and relaxing and cozy!

Nicole A. said...

Looks like fun! I am homeschooling my kindergarten daughter, too ~ my first time homeschooling. It's going well and we do enjoy it (though I am driving myself a little crazy with it, trying to do too much with it maybe, I think! A little too Type A, I am!)

All the best,
Nicole A., now in LA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...