Monday, January 30, 2012

larry the carpet guy {installation day!}

Larry the carpet guy is coming today!

Actually,
since Larry's the boss, he'll stay back at the shop.
Did you need to know that?

Anyway,
our bedroom carpet is being installed and I couldn't be more ecstatic.
Especially after the blasted trouble it took for
us to take out all the furniture...and stuff...pull up the old carpet,
pad, and tack board, etc. etc.
15 years of living sure does add up to lots of $%*&# junk.
Pardon my language.

I could go on and on about how we waited until last EVENING
to do all that.
I'm pretty sure that my eyes have finally subsided from
violently rolling at the person I sleep with.
(My husband)
(Just had to clarify that, lest any rumors get started)

So here's the before pics!
(The bed is now crammed into various areas of the house)


And the bulk of our furniture is crammed in our bathroom.
I had to climb over all this mess this morning to brush my teeth.
Oh, the trials!
I will post after pics later.
Assuming it looks good.
Assuming I survive.

3 comments:

Mom2Six said...

Lori, One more thing we have in common - We have the SAME bedroom suit! If you have ever seen Everybody Loves Raymond, you know they have the same one also. I know it was the most popular style from that store for a LONG time. I guess a lot of people liked it.

Can't wait to see your new carpet!

Anonymous said...

Come on, I never knew that bloggers like you used language! Well, hope the carpet thingy goes well today.

Joanne Reddell said...

Good to know that it's so much work cuz we'll be doing the same thing in the next few months. We'll be emptying out our room several days prior to the carpeting cuz I'll be repainting the room first. Hope the installation went super-duper-buper great!! Can't wait to see the "after" pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...