Sunday, May 13, 2012

mother's day 2012

I had the most lovely Mother's Day!

My dear husband smoked a pork roast for lunch.
I won't tell you what I smoked.
Just kidding!

We had a fabulous meal.
Then it was all cleaned up by everyone
except me.
I could get used to this.
Is anyone listening?

Then my kids gave me such delightful gifts!
They were SO eager to give what they made.
It was precious.



I posted this pic (below) mostly to show you
Brenden's new bedroom/pit.
(See over my shoulder to the right)
Because of the flooding in our basement,
this child is still without a place of his own.
So he has taken over our school room.
And he is quite content there.
No doors, no privacy, no room to walk around.
He thinks it's great.
I am losing my mind with all the "stuff" that is
spewing out and encroaching on my space.
But I love him.
Very much.
When does school start?


Macy worked super hard making this gorgeous necklace
for me!
She is shy and quiet...but her heart is huge.
Thank you for such a lovely gift!


Nick got me a gorgeous basket of flower from the nursery where he works.
He knew exactly the one he wanted...and made sure he got it.
And he gave me two big hugs.
A mother couldn't be more content!


Thank you to my crazy-circus family for such a beautiful day!
It was so relaxing and delightful.


I hope you all had a great day too!

4 comments:

Karin said...

Awww...that it totally sweet! Glad you had a great day. :)

Shonni said...

What a special family you have. Happy Mother’s Day to you!

Adrian Roberta said...

Happy Mother's Day Lori! Looks like it was a loud, fun, crazy day for you too (would we really want it any other way?......*snort*)

Annie said...

How wonderful! Happy Mother's Day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...