Wednesday, September 19, 2012

my lunch yesterday

So the biggest problem with being obsessed
with watching cooking shows on TV is,
it develops this insanely ridiculous craving for,
well....food.

I know, I'm just as surprised by that as you are.

And because of that,
I find myself being very bored with a sandwich
for lunch...
but instead, dream up things that I could
create for myself for my mid-day meal.

Though it rarely works out,
for lack of time and/or ingredients, and/or little children wanting mac & cheese...
yesterday I put together THE most lovely lunch ever!

Take a look:


Blackened salmon with whole-grain pasta,
fresh tomatoes, lightly topped with an incredible butter-lemon-garlic sauce.


My photography skills are lacking,
I know.
It doesn't look nearly as fabulous as it actually was.

But trust me, this so delicious!



All I did was:

1.  Pan grill some blackened salmon in a little butter and oil.
(Mine was from Sam's Club...frozen in individual portions.)
EASY.

2.  Cook pasta.
(Actually, start the pasta first to time it all just right.)

3.  After salmon is done,
remove from pan & add a couple tablespoons of butter,
then add about a teaspoon of minced garlic.
Cook for just a minute or two,
then add some lemon juice (maybe just shy of 1/4 cup?).
Stir it all up, making sure to scrape the deliciousness on the pan left behind
from the salmon.

Then just plate it all & drizzle your sauce on top.

The sauce is the key to it all!!



And then,
feed your youngsters hot dogs and nachos.

Yes, that's what I did.
I did that.


And I have no regrets.

The End.



Enjoy your day!!

And don't forget to make yourself a lovely lunch.
You will smile.

1 comment:

Annan Marie said...

This sounds very yummy! And easy for college students. I'll have to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...