Wednesday, September 26, 2012

potato stroganoff {homemade hamburger helper!}

I'm totally making a new version of
homemade hamburger helper.

Potato Stroganoff.

Gasp!

Does that excite you as much as it does me?
I bet so.
Especially considering that up until about 2:00
I had absolutely no idea what we would
be having for dinner.

Oh, the stress of being responsible for an entire  
evening meal for a whole tribe of people,
 night after night...after night.

It is beyond what words can express when you suddenly
get an inspired supper idea that leaves you 
leaping through your kitchen.




Here's the recipe!


Potato Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
Sauce packet:
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Brown your ground beef.  
Add hot water, milk & sauce packet.
Bring to a boil.
Add sliced potatoes & simmer for around 10 minutes.
Add sour cream in.

Voila!



Mine turned out a little too soupy... but I doubled
the recipe so maybe I miscalculated somewhere  The flavor was great though!
I think next time I might add more potatoes and/or some rice,
just out of sheer rebellion.


I got the recipe from this site.


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...