2. I have discovered Olive Tapenade. Its salty goodness is amazing to me. But oddly, I don't even like olives. Or so I thought...
3. I have a bathroom-cleaning accountability partner. Her name is Angela. We strictly hold each other accountable to clean our bathrooms EVERY week. (Some of you are rolling your eyes in wonder that this is necessary. Loosen up, people.) Though Angela has had sick kiddos a lot lately so I've had to extend a lot of grace to her. But if she goes two weeks without cleaning one more time, I'm cracking the whip.
4. My beloved 10-year-old CHI flat iron broke yesterday. It just completely cracked in half. In HALF! I held a ceremony in its honor, then cried my eyes out. Thankfully my mother-in-law gave me another one recently that is practically brand new...it's no CHI, but I'm grateful to have it until I can afford another fancy-shmancy one!
5. I like Michael, but miss Regis terribly.
6. My kitchen still smells like chicken fried steak from LAST NIGHT because the pan of grease is still sitting on my stove. Used grease leaves me really confused. I usually just dump it in our woods somewhere. Don't tell Al Gore. Although maybe it's perfectly fine. I really don't know. Hence, the confusion.
7. For the first time ever, in almost 20 years of being a mother, my laundry bucket was completely empty. It only lasted around 12 minutes, but I'd say that's pretty darn good by any mom-of-six's standards. Amen?
|Clearly this is after the 12 minute threshold.|
8. I made blueberry muffins today that look almost nuclear with color. I think the world has forgotten what incredible beauty God has given us in REAL foods. Store-bought muffins (with who-knows-what for "blueberries") look so well-behaved. NOT MINE, no sir!!
9. In high school, I was the vice-president of Future Homemakers of America. I think I've mentioned that in passing before, but thought I'd say it again. It prepared me well for my tasks-at-hand NOW! Yesssss. Do they even have FHA anymore? I doubt it. How old-fashioned and politically incorrect!! Phhhht.
10. As for this American homemaker, I am making sandwiches for dinner tonight. And store-bought onion rings. I hold the right to reserve my homemaking skills for if/when I want to use them, as you can see.
11. Here is what I came home to the other day:
|Nick had strategically placed my fresh-picked eggs on mini chocolate chips.|
Enjoy your weekend, people!!