Monday, January 7, 2013

macy makes laundry detergent

Miss Macy made laundry soap on Saturday.
She had high hopes to do a triple batch,
but after grating one bar of soap, she gave up and just did one.

Bless her sweet little weak arms.

"She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks."
Proverbs 31: 17

I've posted this recipe before,
but I thought it was worth repeating since I got such a great picture
of Macy plugging away at it so hard.



Homemade Laundry Detergent

1 bar Fels Naphtha soap
2 cups Borax
2 cups Washing soap
1 cup Baking soda

Everything is easily found in the laundry section
of Walmart! 


I've been using this for quite some time now and am super happy with it.
And even happier about the SAVINGS.


Thanks again to my friend Connie for the recipe!

8 comments:

acceptance with joy said...

same recipe we use. ONLY I don't grate the bar by hand. I put it through my Bosch food processor... with the blade meant for finely grated carrots. It's works like a charm.

Angie said...

Love our homemade soap, but mine doesn't call for baking soda. How does that help?

Sally-Girl! said...

That's my recipe too but I use my 24 year old food processer for the Fels! Although, I think when I am done with the two bars in my cupboard, I will try Susan's recipe.

Erica said...

gotta save poor Macy's arms and use the food processor for the bar of soap!

Vicky said...

Okay...I'm a slug! I don't make soap and I rarely cook!

Chris said...

I gotta try the one w/o Oxy-clean. sorta funny how Walmart has the ingredients all bunched together on a shelf for us :^)

Anonymous said...

How much do you use per load? Thanks!

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

1/8 cup! I need to go back and put that into my post. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...