First of all, friends, I need to thank you for praying for us.
To fill you in very briefly,
our 18 year old son Nick had to have a biopsy on a lymph node on Friday.
(Nick is extremely private, so I need to keep this to a minimum.)
Thankfully, the surgeon feels very certain that it's not cancer.
The test results will soon give us confirmation.
Please continue to pray, please!!
Moving on to TODAY.
(And ironically, Nick had a hunter safety class today...and to his surprise,
his surgeon was one of the instructors. How funny, right?!)
I woke up with BELLS ON at around 4:30 this morning.
I hopped out of bed at 5:00 & haven't stopped until now!
Here's what I did:
1. I made two big batches of beans.
(started soaking them last night, thank you very much.)
That's exciting, right?
2. I colored and cut my hair.
That IS exciting!
(Though I still long to let my gray grow out.)
3. I soaked grains for whole-grain tortillas.
4. I made brown rice to stick in the freezer, along with my batches of beans!
(All this will be GREAT for soups, tacos, and who-knows what else, later this week!)
5. I made bread. White bread. I never make white bread. But today, I did.
And it was delicious!
6. And I made beef-vegetable stew!
7. I washed scads of veggies & fruit in a soothing ACV/water bath!
(Apple Cider Vinegar)
8. I made tortillas! A new recipe that is DIVINE.
I will share with you super soon, I so promise.
9. I gathered and washed many eggs.
With free-range chickens, it's like an Easter egg hunt every single day!
Lucy is SO amazed by our new white eggs, compliments of our young white hen.
It's like she's never seen a white egg before! Because, she really hasn't.
10. I gave glory to our Provider for His abundance.
In a very processed world, I pray that
we will all step back and evaluate
what we're putting in your bodies.
We are a chemical-laden society, and it's NOT the way God intended.
Make it your challenge this week to eat REAL FOOD!!
And give MUCH thanks for it.